Electronic Technician – Entry Level – 2nd Shift
Position: Electronic Technician – Entry Level – 2nd Shift (Entry Level)
Location: Austin, TX
Many Electronic Technician jobs involve menial tasks, such as soldering connections, performing routine maintenance of equipment, and acting as a general helper. This is not the case in the MET EMC lab. Electronic Technicians at MET are responsible for conducting tests from start to finish and documenting test results. Performing EMC testing at MET labs is interesting, challenging, and enjoyable.
- Receive training on and perform conducted/radiated radio frequency (RF) emissions/susceptibility testing.
- Test a wide range of cutting edge, electronic commercial equipment.
- Become knowledgeable on electromagnetic phenomena, including radio frequency (RF), electrostatic discharge (ESD), Lightning, magnetic fields, and more.
- Assist lab manager with related tasks.
- AA, technical school, or equivalent work experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work 12:00am-8:30am, Monday through Friday
- Ability to work 8:30am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday for the first few weeks of training
- Occasional 1
stshift and evening/weekend overtime
To learn more about our company, visit METLabs.com
This is a very hands-on position that will require the candidate to interact with a number of different clients on many different levels. This position will be primarily first shift and will start out with training for the first one to two months. After initial training, overtime will be required as needed.
This is a full time position and we are an equal opportunity employer. We offer comprehensive benefits to include medical, life insurance, vacation and optional 401k. Interested candidates may E-mail their resume, cover letter and salary requirement for immediate consideration to: email@example.com, Attention: HR Recruiter
I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for employment as may be necessary in arriving at an employment decision.
This application for employment shall be considered active for a period of time not to exceed 45 days. Any applicant wishing to be considered for employment beyond this time period should inquire as to whether or not applications are being accepted at that time.
I hereby understand and acknowledge that, unless otherwise defined by applicable law, any employment relationship with this organization is of an “at will” nature, which means that the Employee may resign at any time and the Employer may discharge Employee at any time with or without cause. It is further understood that this “at will” employment relationship may not be changed in any written document or by conduct unless such change is specifically acknowledged in writing by an authorized executive of this organization.
In the event of employment, I understand that false or misleading information given in my application or interview(s) may result in discharge. I understand, also, that I am required to abide by all rules and regulations of the employer.