Engineering Technician – Union City, CA
Position: Engineering Technician – Entry Level
Environmental Simulation Laboratory
Location: Union City, CA
Our location in Union City has immediate opening for an entry level Engineering Technician to join our Environmental Simulation Laboratory. The candidate will be responsible for performing testing to existing standards and/or customer specifications and collecting and analyzing data for reporting purposes.
- Support department objectives and company goals
- Be a team player
- Sustain a positive, enthusiastic and professional attitude at all times
- Accommodate requests with a smile and “can do” attitude
- Adhere to manager directives
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Arrive on time, properly dressed and prepared to work
- Perform all duties in a timely, accurate, honest and professional manner
- Communicate with customers professionally and in accordance with customer service standards
- Be respectful of others
- Review and schedule daily tasks that are assigned by Engineers or Manager
- Prepare test equipment for proper operation and verify calibration
- Setup tests in accordance with work instructions/standards and/or Test Engineer’s instruction
- Complete data sheets and take pictures of test setup
- Manage project documentation in accordance with training
- Unpack, store, control, repack customer equipment.
- Some fabrication/machining work
- Responsible for the organization and clean-up of work station and the environmental laboratory, including putting away tools, storing customer equipment and sweeping.
- Electrical and/or mechanical technical background
- Clean driving record
- Associates College Degree in Technical Discipline
- This position reports directly to the Manager of the Environmental Simulation Laboratory
- Ability to maintain confidentially
- Needs to be receptive to and accepting guidance from others
- Ability to deal with difficult people and problems
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Able to work in a diverse group of people
- Attention to detail
- Willing to work overtime as necessary
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Travel as needed
- Able to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders and use scissor lifts to mount devices
- Ability to safely use power tools and perform light machining
To learn more about our company, visit our website at www.metlabs.com.
This is a full time position and we are an equal opportunity employer.
MET offers a comprehensive benefits program:
- PAID TIME OFF PROGRAMS & PAID HOLIDAYS
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT
- MEDICAL AND PRESCRIPTION DRUG PLAN
- DENTAL REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
- MEDICAL REIMBURSEMENT ACCOUNT
- LIFE INSURANCE PROGRAMS
- DEPENDENT CARE REIMBURSEMENT ACCOUNT
- 401.K PLAN RETIREMENT SAVINGS PROGRAM
- LEGAL SUPPORT FOR NON-CITIZENS
- WORKERS COMPENSATION
- SHORT TERM DISABILITY
- LONG TERM DISABILITY
- FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
- And more!
Interested candidates may E-mail their resume, cover letter and salary requirement for immediate consideration to: email@example.com, Attention: HR Recruiter.
I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for employment as may be necessary in arriving at an employment decision.
This application for employment shall be considered active for a period of time not to exceed 45 days. Any applicant wishing to be considered for employment beyond this time period should inquire as to whether or not applications are being accepted at that time.
I hereby understand and acknowledge that, unless otherwise defined by applicable law, any employment relationship with this organization is of an “at will” nature, which means that the Employee may resign at any time and the Employer may discharge Employee at any time with or without cause. It is further understood that this “at will” employment relationship may not be changed in any written document or by conduct unless such change is specifically acknowledged in writing by an authorized executive of this organization.
In the event of employment, I understand that false or misleading information given in my application or interview(s) may result in discharge. I understand, also, that I am required to abide by all rules and regulations of the employer.