Product Safety Engineers (entry level and experienced electrical engineers)
Position: Product Safety Engineers (entry level and experienced electrical engineers)
Location: Baltimore, MD
MET Laboratories, Inc. is one of the Nation’s leading laboratories for the testing and certification of electronic and electrical products. We are a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) and have been serving clients for over 50 years.
Our Product Safety Lab in Baltimore, MD has immediate openings for entry level and experienced product safety engineers.
- Interpret safety standards and apply the requirements to products under investigation.
- Create and implement test procedures.
- Conduct tests in accordance with standards and procedures, record results.
- Prepare certification reports and related documents.
- Provide technical oversight to product safety engineers and technicians
- Review work prepared by other staff engineers
- The ideal experienced candidate will be familiar with the process of product safety certification, evaluation and testing; however, good entry level candidates will be trained.
- Candidate must possess good verbal and written communication skills, being able to both interface well with clients, and write certification reports.
- The candidate must have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Applicants with experience with another NRTL will have a better chance of success.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- A BSEE or a similar degree in a closely related field is strongly desired.
Some travel and flexible work schedules may be necessary from time to time.
This is a full time position and MET is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested and qualified applicants may send their resume in MS Word format AND salary requirements to MET’s HR Recruiter.